With Christmas break coming up, hopefully there will be a lot of movie watching 🙂 I thought I’d make a list of my favorite old movies. There’s just something about watching an old movie.. they’re so classic, the dancing and singing is so enjoyable, and their clothing was stunning while being modest. Most of these movies are from the 1950’s, which I’ve come to realize that I should have grown up at that time because I love everything about it 🙂 Also, a lot of these star Audrey Hepburn who is a favorite of mine.
Grab some tea, Christmas pajamas and enjoy a classic movie.
- Funny Face: My favorite Audrey Hepburn movie (also stars Fred Astaire…bonus!). All about fashion, love, Paris, and has plenty of singing and dancing.
- Singin’ in the Rain: Tap dancing and Gene Kelly. Enough said.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s: The movie everyone thinks of when Audrey Hepburn is mentioned. The little black dress. Such a classic.
- Sabrina: Another Audrey Hepburn movie with Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. The designer Hubert de Givency made Audrey’s clothing and it’s all stunning.
- An American in Paris: Starring Gene Kelly and has plenty of singing and dancing.
- My Fair Lady: My first Audrey Hepburn movie I saw. Great story line and humor.
- White Christmas: I actually just watched this for the first time all the way through last night. Stars Bing Crosby. Great for Christmas coming up!
- It’s a Wonderful Life: Love this movie. Such a great story line and one you can’t miss around Christmas time.
- Wait Until Dark: Thriller starring Audrey Hepburn. Has enough suspense to keep you on your toes but not overly scary 🙂
- 42nd Street: I actually don’t think I’ve seen this movie but I saw it be performed on stage and oh my goodness…I wanted to get up there and dance with them. Sooooo much tap dancing.
What’s your favorite old movie?